I Know, I Care, I Train!
Students and their parents are welcome to the lectures and workshops. It's always useful to learn somerthing new abou...
Students and their parents are welcome to the lectures and workshops. It's always useful to learn somerthing new about your health!
- 12.20 and 13.20 Student Competition: making health-themed posters. Come and see how health and being healthy look like through the eyes of students (forms 1-4 and 5-6). Prizes for the best posters!
- 13.20 Family Doctor's Workshop: measure your blood pressure, blood pressure, cholestherol etc. What's in the numbers and when's the time to get worried? Plus some useful tips for surviving the gloomy autumn and winter! Instructed by doctor Vaike Meesak and nurse Piia Tagel. (Forms 7-9)
- 13.20 Andres Veske (PhD) talks about genetics and genetic disorders. What does science say about the genetic background of different illnesses? We'll also talk about organ donation: what does it mean for a patient and for a donor; how can organs (and which ones of them) be donated at all? (Forms 10-12)
Family Doctor's Workshop (Forms 5-6)
14.15 Andres Veske (PhD) talks about genetics and genetic disorders. (Forms 7-9)
- 14.15 Ott Laius (Republic of Estonia Agency of Medicines) speaks about medicines and how they could be dangerous. How does pharmaceutical industry work and what are its flipsides. If we feel sick, should we always grab a pill immediately, or would it help if we dealt with our mental and physical "Me" first? (Forms 10-12)
- 15.10 Workshop "Germ Fighters". Instructed by teacher Kristi Kahar (Forms 5-6)
Hele Nurm and Anni Küüsvek (Transplantation Centre, University of Tartu Hospital) talk about organ donations and transplantation process. (Forms 7-9)
- 15.10 Kristjan Metsalu, IT Development Manager of Estonian Genome Center talks about illnessses and their genetic component. (Forms 10-12)
- 16.10 Move healthy! Instructed by teacher Maiken Kaldu (Forms 5-6)
- 16.10 Help me, pharmacy! What fo different medications and treatment methods do and how to choose between different options? Pharmacist Aita Kukk explains (Forms 7-9)
- 16.10 Hele Nurm and Anni Küüsvek (Transplantation Centre, University of Tartu Hospital) talk about organ donations and transplantation process. (Forms 10-12)
- 16.10 Physiotherapist Karin Tuur arranges a practical training session: "Gymnastics keeps me healthy!". Gymnastics and dancing soothe your body and soul! (For everyone!)
- 17.10 Kristel Uiboupin Centre of School Physics, University of Tartu: "My Pressure(s)" (Forms 5-6 and 7-9)
- 17.10 Masseur Marko Hiir talks about the causes of illnesses, as seen by Chinese medicine. Is it different from a Western perspective, and how? (Forms 10-12)
- 18 Dancing makes you feel good! Dancing teacher Andre Laine (Forms 5-12)
- Healthy lunches and snacks at the school cafeteria!
- An exhibition on health-themed books in the school library.
Additional information: email@example.com